Jason P. Mitchell – Managing Member & Principal Home Inspector
Jay is a NJ Licensed Home Inspector (License #24GI00056400). In addition to being an ASHI Certified Inspector, Jason serves as the Vice President of the Garden State Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI Member #243328). Jason serves as the liaison between the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs and his ASHI chapter – keeping fellow home inspectors abreast of licensing and regulation developments. He is also responsible for tracking and weighing in on NJ legislative action related to home inspection and construction. He maintains a NJDEP Radon Measurement Technician License (License # MET 11820). Jason has provided inspection services to thousands of potential home buyers throughout Central New Jersey.
Licensed Home Inspector, ASHI Certified Inspector
December 2006 – Present
Front Porch Solutions, LLC dba HomeSpect
- Provide home inspection services to potential buyers throughout New Jersey
- Provide pre-listing inspection services to sellers.
- Perform moisture intrusion analysis on building structures.
- Perform home energy audits for homeowners throughout New Jersey.
- Provide consultation services for homeowners in regard to planning for additions and/or renovations.
- Provide expert witness evaluation in regard to home improvement contractor litigation.
- Perform HVAC evaluations for homeowners to help improve home comfort.
- Provide education seminars on home inspection topics, including HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing.
Licensed Home Inspector
April 2004 to November 2006
Chilton Waldie Associates, Inc.
- Provided home inspection services throughout central New Jersey.
- Modified and maintained all aspects of home inspection software suite, including report writing and client profile database functions.
- Designed and maintained company web site.
- Developed company marketing materials.
April 1999 to April 2004
Prudential Securities Division of Prudential Insurance.
New York City, NY
Designed and developed enhancements to an enterprise-wide automated work delivery and tracking system utilized by all Home Office and Branch personnel within Prudential Securities.
- Developed program specifications for a Management Reporting subsystem requested by upper operation managers.
- Met with business managers and other system users to determine software features and requirements.
- Coordinated testing efforts with the Quality Control group.
- Assisted system owners with user training and the implementation of system enhancements.
- Distributed programming assignments to team members, consisting of company employees and consultants.
Business Program Analyst
January 1998 to April 1999
New York City, NY
Developed program specifications for a new financial planning platform to be utilized by all financial advisors within the company.
- Prepared project plans and coordinated resources with an off-site software developer.
- Verified integrity of financial model calculations.
- Developed user interface and report layout using proprietary development tools.
- Prepared test scripts for the Quality Control group.
Project Coordinator – Accounting Department
May 1997 to January 1998
Twin County Grocers, Inc.
- Assisted in the implementation of a new client/server General Ledger accounting system.
- Verified account balances and journal activity throughout the system conversion process.
- Prepared a training manual for accounting department employees.
- Developed monthly financial reports.
MS – Management Systems Analysis
Kean University, Union, NJ
BS – Business Administration
Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ
Jason has completed the comprehensive state mandated home inspection instruction at the Middlesex County Adult Vocational School and has passed both the National Home Inspector Exam as well as the ASHI Standards of Practice exam. Jason maintains a state teaching certificate in business administration and computer technology. He has taught a home inspection report writing and software course at the Middlesex County Adult Vocational School. He has also conducted several home buyer and home inspector related seminars throughout the community.
Bowco Laboraties, Inc. performs all of our Wood Destroying Insect Inspections. Bowco pest control professionals maintain Credentialed Wood Destroying Insect Inspector certifications through the NJ Pest Management Association (www.njpma.com). Bowco Laboratories (www.bowcolabs.com) has been a leader in the pest control industry for three generations and continues to provide detailed oriented and comprehensive services throughout Central New Jersey.